Transcultural Collaboration (TC) is a unique international MA semester programme in the arts and design, and a cooperation between Shared Campus partner institutions in Asia and Europe.
30 participants from all arts and design disciplines have the chance to explore Zurich and Taipei, collaborating on experiments with open outcomes.
The programme is divided in two parts:
• 4-week stay in Zurich: 23 August – 18 September 2021
• 11-week stay in Taipei: 18 September – 3 December 2021
The programme is dedicated to practice-based collaboration and teamwork between the participants in changing constellations. An annual semester topic and related lectures serve to focus debates and provide a framework for practical experimentation. The programme is complemented with additional inputs by guests, excursions, and workshops. Participants receive close support from selected faculty from all partner institutions, as well as from independent artists and experts from various arts and design disciplines. The semester includes a public presentation in Taipei.
Curious, (self-) critical and adventurous students from all Shared Campus partner institutions are now invited to apply for the 6th edition of the programme.
The application is open to all students from Shared Campus institutions as well as TC partners.
In the event that the pandemic situation does not permit travel, we reserve the right to propose an alternative implementation or to cancel if necessary.
Below you can download the call for applications as PDF.
Appplication deadline ZHdK: 6 April 2021
Appplication deadline LASALLE/SCM/SEIKA/TNUA/UAL: 30 April 2021
Appplication deadline HKBU: 21 May 2021
• A genuine interest in and willingness to identify and analyse transcultural questions
• An ability and interest to work in teams whose members come from different cultural and disciplinary backgrounds
• A willingness to expose oneself and one’s work, to engage in critical reflection, to experiment and take artistic risks, and to participate full-time in the semester programme
• Proficient in English
• Letter of motivation (1 – 2 pages, in English)
Access to the online application form
For further information concerning the programme please contact Daniel Späti.
3 March, 2021 - online
19.00—20.00 Hong Kong, Singapore, Taipei
24 March, 2021- online
8 April, 2021 - online
17.00—18.00 Hong Kong, Singapore, Taipei
To register for the online information event please contact Valerie Jetzer.